Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Unwanted Wife

Title: The Unwanted Wife
Author: Natasha Anders
Year: 2012
Series?: standalone novel
Format: E-Book (Kindle, lendable)
Genre: Romance, Contemporary

What's it about?: After eighteen months of marriage Theresa knows her husband does not love her, so she asks him for a divorce. What she doesn't expect is for her cold uncaring husband to fight her on this issue. And she also didn't expect to become pregnant. Determined to be on her own and to no longer be a doormat, Theresa does what she can to convince Alessandro she wants a divorce. Unfortunately, Sandro seems to have finally realized what he has now that he's going to lose it, and he intends to stay married to his wife.

My opinion: I am a big fan of angst, like the more angst the better in my opinion. And this book delivered the best kind of angst. I'm a bit of a sucker for books where the dude has realized he's been a douche toward a girl, and that's what this book was. I liked the plot a lot, and Natasha Anders is a great writer, the book flowed very well and I never wanted to put the book down. Despite being a spoiled rich girl I couldn't help but feel bad for the position Theresa was in, married to a man she had thought loved her only to find out it was a contract and he hadn't loved her. Sandro surprised me because he was the character who developed the most by the end of the book, he seemed like a one-dimensional asshole at the beginning but as the book went on his actions portrayed that he really had changed. I also loved that once Theresa made up her mind about the divorce (at the beginning, so it's not a spoiler) she stuck to her guns and wasn't a freaking doormat. I'm pretty sick of the romance books out there where the guy walks over the girl and readers swoon, PUH-lease *gags*. I liked the author's twist on why the characters got married in the first place, one seemingly being tricked into the relationship. The underlying message of marriage and how it needs trust in order to work is a nice message to send to readers. And not everything is as it appears, all that glitters cannot be gold.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment