Thursday, September 26, 2013

Angels' Blood

Title: Angels' Blood
Author: Nalini Singh
Year: 2009
Series?: Guild Hunter #1
Format: Mass Market Paperback (Library checkout)
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

What's it about?: Elena Deveraux, the vampire hunter, is very good at her job. So good, in fact, that the archangel Raphael has hired her in order to track someone down. Raphael is very dangerous and would easily kill Elena if she insults him or is no longer amusing or of use to him. Even worse, Raphael is angling to be Elena's lover and she refuses to be his plaything. Together they will track a blood thirsty killer who seems impossible to find.

My opinion: This book is yet another Goodreads recommendation that I'm glad I followed through on. The lore behind how vampires are made in this world Singh created was surprisingly cool; vampires are made from angels, who roam and rule the earth and all the people are aware of the existence of both "species". I also loved that angels had different colored wings than others and the descriptions that the author wrote made me picture them perfectly. The banter between Elena and Raphael was my favorite part of the book, the development of their relationship throughout the book rivals that of other romances. Elena made it clear she would not be a toy to be played with and by the end of the book she actually managed to gain some ground with Raphael on what their relationship would be.

I liked how strong Elena was, she is a female hero that young women should aspire to. The amount of loss in her life could have been overwhelming but she worked hard at not letting it suck her down into a depression. Her friends were great background characters, I hope they'll be in more of the books in the series.

I literally sucked this book down like it was crack, I finished it in less than twenty four hours, it's one of those books that are extremely hard to put down as it keeps you wondering what will happen next. In fact I am on my way to Barnes and Noble to buy the next book after I post this review. Happy reading everyone!

I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment