Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Little Too Far

Title: A Little Too Far
Author: Lisa Desrochers
Year: 2013
Series?: A Little Too Far #1
Format: E-Book (kindle)
Genre: New Adult, Romance

What's it about?: After an upsetting run-in with her ex-boyfriend, Lexi ends up having mind-blowing sex with her stepbrother who also happens to be her best friend. Immediately after she feels shame and guilt for doing so, but she doesn't have much time to think about it because two days later she leaves for Rome to study abroad for her junior year of college. While there she meets soon to be priest Alessandro, and the more they get to know each other, the more doubtful Alessandro becomes about taking his orders.

My opinion: I honestly read this because I saw an advertisement for it on Goodreads, and one of my favorite authors had said something nice about it in the ad. Basically, this book just ended up being okay, it's nothing special. The beginning of the book is like "BAM!!" sex with the stepbrother and then it's almost like he doesn't exist until the last 1/4 of the book. I found the extensive blabbering about art history to be boring, even if I hadn't already been to the places they described in the book, the last thing I want to read about in my romance novel is art history. I also felt REALLY bad for Alessandro for falling for Lexi, because it was clear she wasn't going to get over her stepbrother Trent, so I'm glad there will be a second book dedicated to Alessandro's story. This book was a quick fun read, but nothing amazing or profound.

I'd rate it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment