Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Love You to Death

Title: I Love You to Death
Author: Natalie Ward
Year: 2012
Series?: I Love You #1
Format: E-Book (Kindle)
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary

What's it about?: Everyone Ash loves dies. It't the truth. In twenty-five years of living Ash has lost exactly twelve people in her life who she loved, the most recent being her boyfriend Sam. These deaths result in Ash blaming herself for all of them, and she shuts herself off from everyone, fearing that if she gets close, she'll be responsible for the death of someone else. When she returns to work she meets the new guy, Luke. Despite all of her attempts Luke has found a way into her life and maybe even her heart, and it terrifies Ash what fate could possibly befall him because of it.

My opinion: Ward's book was heart-breaking and overwhelming. It shocked me as I read it, because I cannot fathom what Ash had to go through in her life, the amount of pain and loneliness in her life seemed unbearable. The book goes through the deaths that Ash feels are connected to her, and while there was an element in each of them containing Ash, they were all unfortunate events that could not be helped. The ones that had me breaking down in tears were when her brother and his fiance died, as it left Ash alone with Sam and no more family. While all of the deaths were heartbreaking, the one that broke my heart for Ash was of her friend who was murdered for online dating; it didn't seem fair that Ash was just trying to help a friend and it resulted in the worst possible outcome. The slow building relationship with Luke and Ash was really sweet, how he started out as a friend and over a LONG period of time, Ash finally opened her heart to him. This was an extremely heavy read, so if you're not willing to go down the dark rabbit hole and remain happy, put it off for another day. I Love You to Death is worth a read even if the title and cover are not so great.

I would rate this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment