Friday, August 30, 2013

Of Triton

Title: Of Triton
Author: Anna Banks
Format: Hardcover (Library checkout)
Year: 2013
Series?: Of Poseidon Book 2
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Mythology

Plot Summary: Emma finds out she is a Half-Blood, hald Syrena and half human. Not only this but her mother is a long lost mermaid princess and must return to her kingdom to make things right again. Left behind on shore Emma must come to terms with her heritage and ability, while Galen returns to the ocean to fix the circumstances keeping him and Emma from being legally (in the Syrena world) together. In addition to this, those who wish to claim the Syrena throne threaten the lives of the Royals.

Opinion: I love that book two begins almost immediately after the final events in book one. I especially liked the phrase Galen used of "You have some explaining to do Nalia" which reminded me a lot of Ricky Ricardo and Lucille Ball situation in I Love Lucy. Of Triton cleared up the questions behind Emma's heritage and how she came to be a Half-Blood. Emma's hesitance to accept the relationship between Grom and her mother was brilliantly done, I honestly felt for her as she struggled to come to terms with the fact that her entire existence was the result of a tragic incident that drove two people in love apart. Toraf and Rayna continued to be cute with their comic relief throughout the book. Especially poor Toraf on an airplane, I sure am glad I don't get sick on airplanes! And Rayna's hate/hate relationship with Nalia was pretty funny too. I was disappointed that there wasn't as much Galen/Emma time as in the first book, but it was understandable as Galen was trying to fix things so he and Emma could be together in the future.

Like the first book, this book was very cute and enchanting. I didn't love it like most of the teen paranormal romances released right now, but it's refreshing to read a series that is about something other than vampires and angels (even though I really like both of those things). I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment