Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My top 5 favorite books.... so far

Friends of mine always ask me what my favorite books are, and it's a very difficult question to answer. I always want to quote Drew Barrymore's character in Ever After, when asked to pick a favorite book she responds "I could no sooner choose a favorite star in the heavens." So this is my best answer without any subcategories, although when/if I get better at this blogging thing I hopefully will add more to the list.

1) The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (yes all seven of them).
       --- I love them all but Half-Blood Prince is my favorite of the seven.

2) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
       ---You may call my choices generic and I may call you a stinky hipster in return.

3) Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
       --- Ignore the blatant racism of the author for a return to the old southern ways (which historically          resurged in the 1920's) and it's a beautiful love story. Also the most realistic character I've read in a long time.

4) Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
       --- If you love paranormal, urban fantasy, and strong female characters, this is a book for you.

5) Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
    --- A book that seems normal to the reader, and then goes on to question the morals of humanity in one of the most intelligent books I've ever read.






No comments:

Post a Comment